Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Toast, My Niece, My Showers, My Head


Recently, I came across a new type of bread I can get at JD Bakeshop. It's a little white bread that looks a bit like a puffed up flour tortilla or a pizza crust. It also tastes great toasted. And it tastes awesome with some strawberry preserves. It's very affordable.


Webcams are very effective when maintaining long-distance communication. It's a great way to watch my baby niece in Manila. We have had some chats over Yahoo messenger with webcams. And I still need to get another light bulb in my room so it will be brighter when I'm on video. You can hardly see my face with just a single light bulb. My niece really looks cute on camera when she's irritated.

Tag-init. That's the term we use here in the Philippines to describe the dry season. We actually call it "summer", though probably Westerners will not agree. As the dry season is beginning, I find myself taking more showers than usual and using the aircon in my room.

My hair is really growing long. It's getting difficult to tie it in a pony tail. I might cut it soon. I'll probably just maintain it shoulder length. Otherwise I'll start looking like John the Baptist. Can anyone lend me some camel hair shirts or treat me to dinner where they serve locusts? I'll have a honey side dish.

Daily life, daily grind. God is still at work in the little details of our life.

1 comment:

~tint~ said...

may gulay rj, you just discovered ciabatta? nyak!