Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm Turning Japanese - part 2

Sunday was a long but awesome day.

We had our morning service and Daniel and some from the team led worship.


Pastor Tommy Ruiz taught from the Word of God and encouraged the church to press on to greater ventures. God has more for us.


Lunch time - we were a large group that went out to BBQ park, and it was fun to have fellowship with these missionaries.


I especially like the part where Amber and Gershon were competing to see who finishes drinking their buko-halo (coconut with a mixture of crushed ice and all sorts of things) first.


Afternoon time was a time of fellowship with the young people in the church. Great Amoeba game, I should try it again sometime.


Keegan is an awesome speaker.


And Chela a great dancer. Peace, Che! =)


Evening time was a time of worship at the church and waiting on the Lord. God gave me a new song. I entitled it "Greater Than John", since Pastor Tom's message that morning really struck me. And God keeps saying to me what He said before, I think it was in 2004: "How far will you go?" And I finally answered: "Wherever You lead, Lord." I really don't like to leave Iloilo, but I know I need to be willing to go wherever the Lord leads. That door hasn't opened. And right now I'm just faithful to doing what the Lord has called me to do here in Iloilo, my homecity.

We had dinner at Mama Maria's pizza, and it was also a chance to watch the guys eat balut (duck embryos). We were even able to video it. They passed the test. They swallowed it. I taught them everything they know. Let the radicals arise!

Watch out for the conclusion of this trilogy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Where ever you lead, Lord." What a great answer. I'm still learning to be eager to go out for the Lord. You're an encouragement.

peace 'n love
.mjs