Friday, March 09, 2007

A Dog Picked Me Up From Work

It's kind of hard to believe, huh? Well, I'll give the details of the title "A Dog Picked Me Up From Work". Here's the scenario: My office is in a building located right next to the building our church is renting space in. In other words, I work next door to the church. In our church building's lot lives a family that is also occupying space on the property, and yes, you guessed it -- they have a dog. Normally, on Thursday nights, I would go to the church to start the music classes for the School of Worship. But this Thursday night, we took a break for two weeks at the same time the students are in school finishing up the school year with their final exams.

Maybe the dog had a hard time figuring out what went different with the schedule since no one was there for music class, so it decided to take a trip my work place's parking lot and sure enough -- I was there. It started to sniff at me, trying to get a good smell enough to recognize me. And when it realized that I was the same guy from the church, it was happy. It jumped on me and was wagging its tail, not letting up, and not leaving me. Finally I decided to take the dog home to its master, and they locked it up behind the gate.

They say that dogs are man's best friends. I guess the dog was just trying to get me to go to church, not realizing that we didn't have music class for that night. You know what? Jesus is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. He will never leave you nor forsake you, if he lives in your heart. And that's more love than that dog could ever give me. Jesus lives in me, and He always sticks to me.

No comments: