Sunday, February 10, 2008

Brother Nonoy




Roman "Nonoy" Mosqueda (February 16, 1950 - February 4, 2008).
Recently, an old friend and brother in the Lord passed away while I was staying in another city.

I met Nonoy who was an attorney seven years ago. We even went to the same church for quite some time. I have seen his life and his example as he faithfully served the Lord. He encouraged people in their walk and was very warm and pleasant to fellowship with. He eventually went full-time in ministry as a lay pastor and preached the Word of God full-time.

He was running the race until three strokes took him out of this earth. One of the last things he did was worship the Lord in his sick bed singing "Jesus Loves Me."

He left behind his wife, step-son, and grandkids to go home to the Lord. Nonoy finished strong.

He had Philippians 1:21 written for his coffin and I quote it to you:


"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

No comments: