Friday, April 20, 2007

Rey Lord and Macel's Wedding




April 14, 2007 - I attended a wedding. Two of my former classmates, Rey Lord and Macel, performed their wedding vows in church -- twice. The first was a Catholic ceremony and the second one was a Protestant ceremony. They decided it was the best thing to do, coming from different family backgrounds.

Rey Lord has been my friend since high school. Macel became our classmate in college. They became sweethearts in college at UPV Miag-ao, where we spent our college years studying to become geeks... Er,... IT professionals.

This was also kind of a college reunion for us.


Men in White


Ladies and Gentlemen


The Reception


So the wedding was mainly a four-part event: The Catholic ceremony, the cocktail and snacks, the Protestant ceremony, and the reception. I didn't stay for the dance.

During the reception, all the single guys had to pop balloons instead of catching the garter. The one who had the least balloons popped would be the guy to place the garter on one of the single ladies. So we had a tie -- Antonio and myself. We didn't pop any balloons (It was difficult to pop!) So to break the tie, we had to have a dance contest. This was my most embarrassing moment at the wedding. Here's the video. I hope you can laugh with me on this. I can't embed this right now, so just click on the link below:

RJ's Dance

No comments: