Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Bread Crumbs

And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. ..." - John 6:35

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." - Joshua 1:8


"...Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."
- Matthew 4:4


December 2005. In the year that endeth, my project accomplished to be it is (Yoda voice). Hectic schedule can affect neurological signals. Excited to come home to Iloilo for Christmas, I left my bread crumbs in Manila.

The Word of God is compared to bread. It is our daily sustainance. Jesus even said it about Himself. And I remember the story of Hansel and Gretel as they were marking their path with bread crumbs, making sure that they could get home safely. When I thought about the Word being bread and those bread crumbs, I started something called "The Bread Trail".

Before going to Manila for my hectic schedule back in November 2005, I would write down Scriptures that would grab me while reading my Bible as well as those I remember from years past. I would also write down good stuff I read in Christian books, especially those you can carry for life. I would place these in small index cards and bind them with a metal ring. That way I can keep them in my pocket and flip and read them throughout the day from time to time. This was my method of meditating on the Word day and night. But in Manila I left one set of my index cards. For a long time I only had the second half with me, The Bread Trail #2. I had some good notes on #1, and I missed it. It wasn't easy to move on. The only thing that kept me going was knowing at least I still had the Bible.

But recently my aunt from Manila came to visit us, and just when I didn't expect, after more than a year, she was carrying #1. She's still here as I'm writing this.

Praise God. I can run again, with a spring in my step, carrying the Word wherever I go.

No comments: